The Tanium Marketing Development Representative Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Marketing Development Representatives (MDRs) reporting into the Regional Director of Account Development. This role will lead an MDR team who will be the first line of contact at Tanium responsible for managing and qualifying inbound leads, known as AQLs, within stringent SLAs. The MDR Manager will utilise Marketing Development best practices and as well as leverage the inspection around key indicators to drive excellence within the team. This role will provide leadership and planning as well as coaching and training to drive the very best results for the business, and will have an “always hiring” approach when it comes to team progression and growth. The MDR Manager will be closely aligned with regional sales leadership, the field marketing teams, and extended Demand Team to ensure constant and consistent alignment. The successful candidate for this role would thoroughly understand inbound lead sources and activities, have thorough knowledge of the Sirius Decisions demand waterfall, and would have a proven track record leading teams of MDRs, BDRs or SDR's in the Technology sector. Experience of very large enterprise B2B sales would be ideal. Demonstration of a passion for coaching, mentoring and developing others is essential, as well as thriving in a rapid change and growth environment.
What you’ll do:
- Drive and own the recruitment of the very best talent for the MDR team, ensuring we only hire “A” players that match with Tanium’s core values
- Manage inbound lead flow ensuring correct distribution and allocation, maintaining all inbound leads are worked in line with process, conversion rates benchmarks and SLAs
- Using best practice disciplines to train, coach & develop the MDRs to be successful in their roles and beyond, increasing staff retention and providing career progression
- Inspire and lead the MDR team to consistently maintain SLAs and benchmarks relating to contacting, and appropriately managing the Automated Qualified Leads (AQLs)
- Take full ownership and responsibility of team performance whilst maintaining accurate forecasting and reporting
- Leverage key leading indicators for team management purposes as well as skill improvement and fixing skill gaps
- Collaborate with other key internal business partners on the development of Inbound programs to optimize results for the business
- Contribute to identifying new business opportunities for the MDR team, developing playbooks and campaigns
- Analyse performance of campaigns, reporting the results appropriately as well as recommending & implementing areas for improvement
- Drive high levels of productivity by ensuring that the appropriate tools are being used, as well as suggesting alternatives and improvements where relevant
- Optimize call scripts helping team members refine their delivery of the Tanium sales pitch to achieve the best results
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing leadership to ensure success of online marketing campaign
We are looking for someone with:
- BA or BS in Marketing, Communications, Business or Technology or equivalent work experience
- Experience of leading SDR, MDR or BDR teams in the technology sector with proven success of goal achievement
- Experience of outbound prospecting and/or inbound lead response management
- Thorough knowledge of Inbound lead sources derived from Digital and Regional marketing campaigns
- Strong coaching and people development skills with virtual leadership experience
- Excellent communication and content writing skills
- Proficient with Salesforce.com, Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and other tools
- Ability to learn quickly the cyber security market
- Familiar with Sandler sales methodology/ SPIN preferred
- Experience selling into Federal/SLED market strongly preferred (US only)
- Advanced knowledge of demand generation and lead nurturing/scoring is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Technical acumen required
- High integrity, energy and dedication
- Strong organization and time management skills
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.