Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have more than 17,000 of the country’s top real estate agents that work with their clients to help them buy, sell, and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds with more than 2,500 employees.
You will join our Software Engineering team and be a subject matter expert in designing and developing software test and automation solutions across systems including Salesforce, modern cloud SaaS platforms and API led connectivity infrastructure. You will play a key role in helping design our enterprise systems architecture, define and implement a test engineering framework, configure our platforms and create documentation to support its management and maintenance.
You will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and be comfortable communicating with multiple business and technical teams.
What you will do:
- Test and certify small and large-scale software changes at every level
- Be our subject matter expert for test and automation around enterprise software, APIs, services and systems including Salesforce and other cloud SaaS platforms
- Embody our “solutions-driven” values by identifying and implementing testing strategies
- Design and develop test solutions and automation in a cross-functional, agile environment
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the documentation and deliverables required for each projects testing and automation
- Participate in all deployments
- Partner with product owners and developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies
Who you are:
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- You have 7+ years in the Software Engineering field
- You have 5+ years hands-on testing experience using modern testing concepts, manual testing, test automation, and testing tools with at least 2 years in a lead Test role
- You have 4+ years working in Systems Engineering environments either in a test or developer role
- You are comfortable writing detailed test plans and manual testing as a necessary step to effective automation tests
- You have knowledge of Selenium Webdriver or Cypress IO or jasmine
- You are familiar with agile software development processes and is ready to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems like Circle-CI and Jenkins
- You have strong written, verbal and presentation skills that can adjust to your audience's’ technical familiarity
Good to have:
- You have experience with API testing
- You have Salesforce experience or certification
- You have strong project management skills
- You have experience with Devops, Circle-ci
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.