Squarespace’s Customer Operations Data Engineering team is responsible for writing and maintaining pipelines that enhance customer service’s ability to effectively support Squarespace customers and better understand where users struggle with the product.
In this role, you’ll be part of a small team focused on implementation and working to improve data ingestion across tools that drive critical decisions by CustOps leadership, while working towards enabling more self-service data usage across the department.
- Build end-to-end data pipelines, consuming from a variety of sources
- Work with data consumers to identify self-service opportunities, and make sure they have access to the data they need to make decisions.
- Help guide the team towards data best practices, and mentor teammates.
- Contribute to a technical roadmap for the CustOps data program, and set priorities for work across the team
- Build and refine processes to make pipeline implementations faster, simpler, and less error-prone for product engineers
- Participate in architectural decisions across the organization, particularly with respect to the impact on data collection
- Set timeliness and correctness goals for our data pipelines, maintain sufficient monitoring & coverage to ensure that incidents and outages are mitigated appropriately
- Experience with end-to-end ETL work using Python and SQL
- Strong systems design knowledge; you know how to architect data pipelines and how storage and compute fits together
- Prior experience making large datasets accessible; familiarity with Hive, Presto and parquet is a plus
- Experience with compute frameworks and job orchestration systems
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform a plus
- 4+ years of industry experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.