Magnite is the world’s largest independent sell-side platform. We were built by combining Rubicon Project’s programmatic expertise and Telaria’s talents in CTV. We help publishers sell advertising on their terms and connect with buyers across every channel and format. We believe in keeping tech transparent, solutions collaborative, and guidance unconflicted. The ticker symbol for the combined public entity will be NASDAQ: MGNI.
Magnite is looking for an exceptional Chief Privacy Officer, ideally with experience in the AdTech industry or similar data-focused Internet industry. You will be a trusted resource to the business and report to Executive Leadership while leading our privacy team and building a world class, strategic privacy function. You get an opportunity to design, implement and manage compliance efforts relating to GDPR, CCPA and other laws. The successful candidate will provide sound, clear and succinct recommendations and analysis to senior stakeholders and business teams that enables innovation to move forward and break new ground.
What you will be doing
- Participate in reporting directly to the Executive Leadership regarding our privacy program, and engage with regulatory authorities and other external stakeholders
- Refine, improve and manage the company's privacy program, including privacy policies, internal privacy protocols, GDPR and CCPA compliance plans, a privacy review process, and privacy training (internal and external).
- Keep current on existing and proposed privacy legislation and communicate implications for the company and lead the company’s strategic response and activities to adapt to privacy legislation.
- Manage privacy compliance strategy, including the mapping of data in company systems, conducting privacy impact assessments, developing plans to meet legal requirements in coordination with the product, technology, and sales teams, and advising employees on privacy inquiries under various global data protection laws.
- Manage data incidents and breach response plans.
- Support product development efforts to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Support business development and sales teams by meeting with customers to address privacy questions.
- Oversee and manage relationships with outside counsel.
- Support commercial contract team with respect to privacy matters
- Oversee maintenance of records of processing activities, including data mapping and classification.
What we look for
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor degree (or equivalent)
- Certifications: IAPP CIPP, CIPP/e a plus
- Admission in and good standing with one or more State's Bar including NY or CA
- 10-15 years of increasing responsibility and experience, including in-house, privacy, and/or product counseling experience in an Ad Tech ecosystem (preferred) or an Internet/Tech/Data focused company.
- Strong technology lawyer with a wide range of knowledge and experience across the substantive legal areas relevant to privacy and data security.
- Strong knowledge regarding global privacy and data security requirements, particularly CCPA, GDPR, Privacy Shield, and EU Standard Contractual Clauses
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment where innovating through cutting-edge legal issues is the norm
- Ability to multitask, work under tight time pressures, prioritize work, and react quickly to changing business needs and demands all in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment
- Provide counsel related to advanced and cutting-edge data use and acquisition, as well as related data management and governance..
- Support the privacy, security, and data protection aspects of relationships and contract review
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization and provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Take time for yourself: We offer an unlimited vacation policy and encourage you to refresh yourself as you need. In addition, we observe 11 National Holidays and close down the last 8-10 days of the year for a paid Holiday Break!
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental, and vision plans to cover you and your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life and Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!