We’re on a mission to build intuitive, personal help and anticipatory technology into one of the most important spaces in our lives: our home. As a startup at the intersection of four multi-billion dollar industries- real estate, technology, service and commerce - Alfred is a new kind of company that's trusted to serve consumers past their front door. Partnering with the largest real estate developers in the world, Alfred’s footprint has grown rapidly in the last three years and currently operates over 20 markets.
As a Senior iOS Engineer at Alfred, you’ll be responsible for working with Product, Design, and Product Management to understand and solve some of technology’s hardest problems and developing our mobile application. Our software sits at the intersection between technology and the real world. It’s your job to make that intersection better.
As part of a growing engineering team, you will have a direct and immediate influence on the technology choices, data architecture, and scalability of the platform. You will help develop our engineering philosophy and practices to lead the construction of a new type of service. Alfred offers the opportunity to work closely with all aspects of a multi-sided business: our operations team, our customers and—the stars of the show—the Alfred Client Managers.
How you’ll help us to be successful
- As part of the team you'll be responsible for using your creativity, excellent problem solving and technical skills to enable Alfred for iOS to reach all of our members
- You’ll instrument, measure, optimize and build high quality architectures and code in feature areas such as customer facing apps, internal apps, APIs and more
- Working closely with designers, product managers, and the engineers that support the developer platform and infrastructure.
- You will use your passion and in-depth knowledge of all things iOS to craft the client components and features that will shape the future of Alfred for iOS
- Builds product experiences to help activate and retain new and returning users
- Accelerate feature development and building consistency into both our code and our product
Who you are
- Familiarity with App and Play Store deployment rules and policies
- Previous experience developing mobile applications from the ground up
- A tendency to hold strong positions on technology weekly
- Being approachable and naturally communicative
- Can think through and solve tough issues, tasks, and problems
- The capacity to turn large, complex, high-level features into well written and tested code.
- The maturity to hold your teammates, managers, and peers to high standards
- The drive to mentor and learn in equal parts
You’ll connect with us if you
- Practice empathy
- Conduct yourself with the highest integrity
- Are thoughtful, self-reflective and always open to growing
- Speak up with radical candor
- Approach your work like an owner
- Have a high and ever-climbing bar for excellence
- Always do things the right way, even when it’s harder
- Believe that #oneteam is greater than the sum of its parts
- Leave no loops unclosed