Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. Forbes recently ranked Upstart #12 on its list of "most promising AI companies in America." Inc. Magazine also recognized Upstart as one of the Best Workplaces for 2020.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Our team seeks out new opportunities to reach consumer banks in an effort to grow our business. We're an analytical, outgoing team and have just expanded our product offerings to take to market. We are now ready to scale and grow Upstart to the next level with a great product and great people.
As the Sales Development Representative at Upstart, you will be responsible for developing leads and building the sales pipeline in partnership with the marketing team, while pioneering a new market segment within the consumer banking market. You are someone who has good sales acumen, is well-organized and structured in your efforts and can effectively write to and engage with senior bank executives.
This is a great opportunity for candidates who want to work in a fast-paced environment, make a big impact and win as a team to scale a growing business.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Account-based sales development: Research, prospect and qualify named target accounts using a strategic, focused approach that values “quality over quantity”
- 1:1 sales prospecting: Deliver compelling, personalized messages and offers to key personas such as the CEO, head of consumer banks, and head of consumer lending to secure first meetings.
- Account research: Research target companies and identify key decision makers to better tailor lead follow-up and outreach.
- Inbound lead follow-up: In partnership with demand generation marketing, follow-up with marketing qualified leads generated from the website and marketing campaigns in a timely manner.
- Sales partnership: Coordinate with sales representatives to align on target accounts, handoff leads, share prospect insights, and prepare for first meetings.
- Marketing support: Represent Upstart at conferences and virtual events to engage and qualify prospective customers.
- Market insights: Provide “voice of customer ”feedback and competitive insights to sales, marketing and product teams to improve the offering and go-to-market strategy.
- Structured lead management: consistently update opportunity, activity and contact information within the CRM system and support weekly reporting efforts.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of enterprise software / SaaS B2B sales development experience; experience selling and marketing to the financial services and banking industry is a plus.
- A track record of measurable success in growing sales pipeline through a targeted account-based approach..
- Exceptional writing skills and oral communication skills to engage prospective customers.
- Strong organization skills to manage and follow-up on leads in a structured manner.
- Natural teamwork skills to collaborate with marketing and sales colleagues.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- A passion for having an impact on demand generation and sales growth.
- Solid time management skills with the ability to prioritize daily and weekly activities.
- A GSD work-ethic with a strong sense of ownership, accountability and a desire to continually improve.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
What you’ll love:
- Competitive compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal development and technology & ergonomic budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.