WHO ARE WE?
The Bright team creates smart and easy everyday preventive care products. It's a fact that dogs live longer with preventative care - our team is the one bringing bright ideas for more dog years (get it? get it?). We’re aiming to build the leading brand in preventive care. Everything we develop is inventive, research-based, emotional and functional, and most importantly, helps dog parents create an enjoyable habit that's easy to fit into their daily routine. We're a bunch of dog nerds seeking to level up the standards in various categories, from dental to grooming to preventatives and supplements. We work collaboratively and cross-functionally and work closely with subject matter experts in order to make sure we're creating the best of the best. If you're endlessly curious, love dogs, and have already thought of 5 different ways to improve the standard dog brush, come join us!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
If you’re obsessed with bringing the best to dog care, we want to talk to you! The Bright team is looking for a VP/Director of product development. The role requires a ton of collaboration - you’ll be working every day with our product development and production partners. You’ll also collaborate closely with the Bright creative team and external scientific partners on new product development. This is a great opportunity to make a deep impact in improving daily preventative care for dogs everywhere!
- Own the relationship with our product development partners
- Drive the product improvements through the “R&D phase” with external partners.
- Lead the development of 1-2 new product categories in year 1, while at the same time expanding our assortment within Dental.
- Work closely with Sourcing to improve our development and fulfillment process and prepare for scaling the business globally.
- Work closely with Bright XM and channel leads to create the best suitable product assortment for each channel. (Subscription, Marketplaces, Retail).
- Work closely with the Bright sourcing team to continuously improve quality and cost, while at the same time explore new product categories and production methods.
- 10+ years of experience in product development in a similar/comparable CPG category.
- Experience in managing the whole product development process from R&D, prototyping, production, QA to logistics, and fulfillment.
- Experience working directly with ingredients and labs on testing and development
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, or similar technical/scientific background
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders across product development, marketing, legal and finance.
- Skilled at working cross-functionally.
- Fantastic communicator.
- MUST LOVE DOGS.
This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.