WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems and apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, and more. In short, we create and manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) and scientifically (test and measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA and product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems and making the most of our time!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Senior software engineers at BARK own the design and implementation of new features. They also improve our current codebase. Engineers on our team are enthusiastic about optimizing large scale operations, as well as building intuitive, friendly interfaces. The ideal person gets a thrill from applying creative problem solving, while balancing ambitious timelines with technical rigor. You know that the success of the company lies in the strength of the team. and are excited to collaborate and mentor. Plus, you love that the code you deploy results in tails wagging across the country!
Our currently open positions span teams focused on subscriber growth, subscription and account management, multi-channel customer communication, payment systems, warehouse operations, and order management. So if you can give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel, or love the sound of squeaky toys as your background noise, come join us!
- Product Focus: Participate in the ideation and planning of features to set the team up for success. We build to deploy.
- Technical: Build beautiful intuitive user interfaces and build on our backend services to access customer data.
- Feature Delivery: Write well-designed, testable and reliable code as you ship features that make dogs happy (and your coworkers too).
- Code Quality: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability and scalability. You are pragmatic not dogmatic.
- Leadership: You are someone who people want to work with. It's not only that you have great ideas, it's that you make other people better too.
- You have 5 years of full-stack web-development experience and are open to Ruby on Rails.
- You have delivered and maintained production software in a team environment.
- You can design data models and optimize queries.
- You write tests early and often and enjoy working in a CI/CD environment.
- You care about delivering a good customer experience and align your code to that.
- You are comfortable with diving in to understand and build on an existing codebase.
- You value your own time and others’ and find solutions to optimize it.
- Must love dogs. Love of dirds preferred, but not required.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC and Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.