Warby Parker is searching for a hard-working, upbeat Maintenance Mechanic to join our optical lab in Sloatsburg, New York. As a Maintenance Mechanic, you’ll work closely with our Maintenance Manager to provide ongoing maintenance support and ensure that our facility runs like a well-oiled machine.
What you’ll do:
- Perform daily calibration and cleaning of lab machinery
- Perform and schedule routine maintenance on all production machines and equipment
- Perform periodic safety inspections
- Act as the Maintenance team’s leader on the floor during your shift
- Maintain all maintenance records
- Troubleshoot issues with machines, working directly with equipment manufacturers when necessary
- Assist with safety training
- Help with general production floor/maintenance tasks as needed
- Uphold all OSHA standards and documentation, as well as internal safety policies and procedures
- Work with the Corporate Facilities team on day-to-day facilities maintenance (including, but not limited to, the air compressor, dust collector and general facility equipment)
Who you are:
- Equipped with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledgeable of industrial machinery
- Familiar with OSHA and safety standards in a production environment
- Armed with a strong understanding of the link between machine maintenance and final job quality
- A team player who’s willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A go-getter with a positive attitude
- Armed with a super-strong work ethic
- A creative and patient problem-solver
- An effective communicator (in person, over email, via carrier pigeon… all of it!)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to lift 50 pounds, stand and/or walk for up to 8-10 hours, and be able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Optical knowledge is a plus!
- You will initially work the first shift from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- After ~3 weeks of training, you’ll move to our second shift from 4:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.