Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking a QA Lead to join our team. In this role, you will help manage test operations for internal and external teams of highly skilled QA professionals. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader in QA for AAA games who enjoy working collaboratively with all feature owners, fosters teamwork, and builds trust with leadership and developers alike. This role reports to the QA Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with feature owners to assess development plans and identify test coverage requirements
- Own project database, workflow, bug entry, and regression
- Define test standards and reporting for all features
- Manage test operations for our external vendor
- Supervise and facilitate work between internal and external test resources
- Mentor and empower testers by providing ownership opportunities
- Streamline QA processes and procedures to boost test efficiency where possible
- Provide leadership with status updates and other reports as needed
- Communicate project-level risks, determine solutions, and foster teamwork toward resolution
- Investigate, analyze, and report bug trends and quality metrics
- Drive UX testing efforts throughout development
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of QA leadership with multiple AAA games shipped
- Solid people and time management with emphasis on prioritization and multi-tasking
- Ability to address situations from a project impact perspective
- Problem-solver who can simplify and resolve issues quickly
- Proven knowledge of QA methodologies, workflow, and procedures
- Deep experience developing effective test plans and workflows
- Capacity to build and implement innovative testing procedures and materials
- Understanding of how to measure and communicate game quality to feature owners
- Authority speaking on behalf of product quality to developers
- Success driving test results and helping to improve game quality
- A passion for games and user experience
- Open and collaborative communication style
- Any user research experience is a plus!
Bonus points for any Software Quality Engineering experience such as...
- Scripting and coding experience with one or more languages (C#, Perl, Python, or others)
- Creation of any test automation tools or scripts
- Building hooks for telemetry or cultivation of game metrics
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.