At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Producer to join the Magic: The Gathering Arena production team! As a Senior Producer, you will lead one or more squads of developers focused on specific functional areas within Arena development. As a seasoned voice on the Production team, you are expected to grow, mentor, and encourage others.
The ideal candidate blends a passion for excellence with a proven track record of collaboration with developers in large scale system environments. We are looking for someone who can help us build and grow Wizards's digital future.
What You'll Do:
- Guide the team to define the vision, business, and technology strategy for your squad’s areas of responsibility, including metrics for measuring results.
- Work with your squads to break out project deliverables and scope goals accordingly, and then build, prioritize, and maintain squad backlogs, roadmaps, schedules, and documentation.
- Identify and address potential problems, resource blockers, quality concerns, and production velocity.
- Build and iterate development workflow and processes to drive visibility and predictability for prioritized deliverables.
- Represent the needs of Wizards with all partners, and driving the internal and external relationships involved with development with minimal direction.
- Craft clear, detailed, and proactive communication to your squad, the Arena Leadership group, and throughout Wizards of the Coast at large.
- Deliberately balance the of the players, the studio and the business using data to guide the conversation.
- Provide mentorship to junior members of the team.
What You'll Bring:
The successful candidate has a strong mix of creative, technical, innovation, and managerial experience from the live services and/or gaming space.
- Robust experience in technology or video game production, either with multiple commercially shipped titles or sustained management of SaaS/GaaS products.
- Deep knowledge of software development processes, project management, and agile development methodologies.
- Able to own a project from start to finish with minimal input from management.
- Experienced mentor, motivating ICs and a squad towards a common goal, despite circumstances.
- Self-motivated, high-initiative person who encourages others and fosters an ownership-mindset in the team.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.