New Raleigh-Durham Studio is a new game development studio in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from WB Games and other AAA studios. The New Raleigh-Durham Studio is a development studio of Wizards of the Coast, a division of Hasbro. We are building a new development team with outstanding talent to create our first multi-platform, Action-Adventure video game set in the GI JOE Universe!
We are seeking a Technical Director to join the leadership team for our first game project. The TD will be responsible for driving the game technology and technical direction for the project. They will develop the game engineering team. This role partners with project leaders of all subject areas to deliver game systems that build an elite player experience.
We’re looking for someone who holds game quality and performance above all else and can build high-quality, adaptable technical designs, direct a team to detailed execution in building game software, and balance risk to help ensure a successful launch of the product. The TD will be a key contributor to growth for the project and the studio!
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for crafting all game software systems to deliver on the project creative vision.
- Leads game software development across full development cycle of the project, from pre-production and prototyping to final.
- Partners with the project creative leadership to craft and define game requirements.
- Develops and mentors an outstanding game engineering team. Leads team by example:
- Writes clear and maintainable code.
- Promotes and carries out software development best practices and standards.
- Uses critical metrics and data to validate results and ensure team results are high quality.
- Champions dynamic and collaborative attitudes.
- Grows future extraordinary technical leaders.
- Guides all technical designs for game’s software architecture.
- Anticipates technical problems and risks, mitigates, and communicates status across team leadership.
- Partners with other leaders to review development plans, designs, processes, resource usage, time estimates, and project quality.
What You Bring:
- 8+ years of experience in a technical leadership role building AAA games (previous experience developing AAA 3rd Person Action-Adventure genre games is a plus) with a focus on excellent gameplay and player experience.
- Broad software-level knowledge of all domain areas in game software development: gameplay, rendering, online, UX, etc.
- Experienced level C++ programming skill.
- Professional debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with C# and other programming languages.
- Experience with very large software projects.
- Experience collaborating with creative teams to implement data-driven solutions for large scale games.
- Deep appreciation for developer efficiency.
- Deep appreciation for critical metric-driven results.
- Ability to champion a multifaceted and collaborative team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and decision-making skills.
- Experience with Unreal engine.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.