Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join our team. You will specify, implement, deploy, and maintain the technology solutions required for in-studio operations and game development. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in both traditional desktop IT, networking, server management, configuration management, and security and be familiar with the technology requirements of game studios. This role works with the Technical Operations Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Provision desktop and server systems, including group policies and package management.
- Control AD and Okta authentication systems.
- Maintain accurate asset and license records.
- Manage SaaS services, including Atlassian, Microsoft 365, Zoom, Slack, and others.
- Deliver video conferencing and other conference room solutions.
- Define and deploy backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Identify and deploy endpoint security, network security, VPN, and remote work solutions.
- Build processes and automation to provide efficient support to the development team.
- Coordinate with the engineering, art, design, audio, production, and QA teams to implement new in-studio, cloud, or SaaS solutions to meet their needs.
- Architect solutions that enable collaborative development for remote work for studio staff as well as freelancers and outsourcing partners securely and efficiently.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience running technology systems for a game studio!
- Development in PowerShell, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Windows and Linux system administration.
- Systems and information security concepts and standards.
- Experience with cloud technologies including AWS and Azure.
- Desktops: PC and Mac desktops, laptops, game development kits, printers, etc.
- Servers and storage: Windows Server, Linux, VMware, RAID, Dell HCI, etc.
- Communications: Zoom, Slack, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Configuration management: Perforce, Git, Terraform, WSUS, PDQDeploy, etc.
- LAN and WAN: Cisco, AWS DirectConnect, Silver Peak, etc.
- Identity and security management: PAN, Cisco ASA, Active Directory, LDAP, Okta, AWS AIM, AWS Route53, etc.
- Logging, Monitoring, and Analytics: SumoLogic, Prometheus, PagerDuty, etc.
- Must have the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.