At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
This is an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Technical Production to join the Magic: The Gathering Arena production team. You will be a key component of the MTG Arena leadership team as you lead a team of producers responsible for delivering the content, features, and maintenance of the game. You will collaborate with business and engineering leadership to build efficient production pipelines to ensure that projects are delivered on time and at budget.
The ideal candidate blends a passion for excellence with a proven track record of collaboration with developers in large scale system environments. We’re looking for someone who can help us build and grow Wizards's digital future.
What you'll do:
- Lead the production team as they deliver updates, features, and improvements to specification and on time across multiple platforms
- Manage and mentor technical producers who each lead a functional area of development
- Coordinate the schedules and work of cross-functional development teams and the live service teams to minimize collisions and maximize resources
- Collaborate with leadership to advise and build strategies for workflow management, release management, QA, and production
- Maintain relationships with vendors and external partners, including budgets, contracts, and sourcing
- Balance the needs of the players, the studio, and the business using data to inform the conversation
What you'll bring:
The successful candidate has a strong mix of creative, technical, innovation, and managerial experience from the live services and/or gaming space.
- Robust experience in technology or video game production, either with multiple commercially shipped titles or sustained management of SaaS/GaaS products
- Deep knowledge of software development processes, project management, and agile development methodologies
- Management experience, particularly with large and/or multifaceted teams in the technology or video game industry
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and the ability to plan and articulate strategy to both leadership and the functional teams
- Able to inspire others and build an ownership-mindset
- Passion for continuous improvement at the personal, team, and project level
- Experience in the Chinese games market, in mobile game development, or experience with CCGs a plus!
Wizards is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.