At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a motivated, strategic, collaborative and relationship-oriented leader who loves expanding brand and product experiences? We’re looking for a hardworking marketing or licensing professional to lead our co-brand partnership efforts for Magic: The Gathering’s Universes Beyond sub-brand and the direct-to-consumer native product line, Secret Lair Drop Series, in the tabletop studio.
If you have demonstrated expertise in business affairs, licensing, marketing, brand partnerships, promotions, or experience at a creative agency our Senior Product Marketing Manager role might be for you! A passion for partnerships and partner management, and an affinity for games or other lifestyle brands is essential.
What you'll do:
- CREATE co-branding strategies and pitching criteria targeting top tier brands and making thematic connections with the Director, Global Brand Strategy and Marketing.
- LEAD outreach and potential partner pitches for partnership opportunities and manage deal conversations.
- DRIVE deal discussions for brand partners working closely within the tabletop studio, digital teams, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Consumer Insights, and Franchise, and in all serving as a critical point of contact.
- CRAFT presentation materials to facilitate partner pitch meetings.
- DEVELOP documentation, trackers and presentations for internal cross-functional partnership.
- MANAGE business related elements of partnership deals during execution process.
- PARTNER with Product Vision and Game Design teams on partner-specific product strategy.
- COLLABORATE with Franchise and Marketing teams on go-to-market planning and contractual obligations.
What you'll bring:
- A self-starter who takes initiative, solves problems and brings ideas to the table.
- 5+ years demonstrated ability working in business affairs, licensing, marketing, brand partnerships, promotions, or at a creative agency.
- Passion for entertainment or gaming AND business strategy.
- Ability to drive projects forward within a highly matrixed organization: the ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to partners and the ability to influence others to adopt their recommendations
- Well-developed verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, corporate entertainment environment
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects at any given time and to operate within an organization that conducts business across multiple time zones
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to anticipate needs, take initiative, meet deadlines, and be resourceful/flexible
- Possess passion and a desire to take on increased responsibilities
- Ability to quickly learn internal processes and the basics
- BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred
In the Wizards TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.