At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are experiencing outstanding growth and as we rapidly develop our portfolio of brands and products, we seek to bring on board a Director of Global Marketing Operations to help us operate at a new level of scale.
At its heart, this role defines and runs our global marketing operations, processes and resource planning. Reporting to the VP of Digital Marketing, it is a central and leading role to operationalize our marketing strategies across all our marketing subject areas.
Ready to make your mark in the world of Magic: The Gathering®, Dungeons & Dragons® and new brands? Time to roll for initiative…. Adventure awaits!
What You'll Do:
Be a game changer driving operational excellence
- Define, run, improve our global omni-channel marketing campaign planning and execution processes and tools, with a focus on scalability and stability.
- Lead capacity and resourcing of the marketing team while establishing standards to tap into our global network of resources and vendors.
Be a stand-out partner
- Bolster our collaborative effectiveness by improving our workflows across marketing subject areas such as creative services, lifecycle marketing, digital media, brand, channel and sales.
- Team-up with other operations leaders at Wizards to improve the joint effectiveness between the Marketing & Sales teams and our Games Studios.
Be a trusted and inspiring leader
- Steer operational workstreams and ensure healthy governance practices between marketing and our Finance, HR, Legal, Business Intelligence and Business Development teams, including annual budget planning, financial forecasts, marketing performance analysis, contracts management, hiring management and other executive-led initiatives.
- Grow and develop a team of talented operations managers, producers and project managers that have a shared passion for our mission and values.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years in management of marketing operations across several marketing fields like global go-to-market execution, brand marketing, creative marketing, user growth, lifecycle management or omni-channel marketing.
- Minimum of 5+ years of people management experience, supervising and mentoring multiple direct reports and team.
- Gaming industry experience.
Additional subject matter expertise and skills
- Masterful organizational and communication skills.
- Adaptable leader with demonstrated success leading cross-functional groups, achieving success through teamwork across multiple partners.
- Strong operational skills with deep understanding of drivers of organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.