At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a creative problem solver with a good grasp of the process and technical challenges that arise from releasing multiple games on multiple platforms?
We are seeking an experienced Release Manager to define and implement processes that support the smooth and reliable releases of mobile, console and PC game products. In this role, you will be responsible for building the standards around the release process and working with internal and external partners to successfully execute the process with coolheaded professionalism.
What You’ll Do:
- Define, implement, document and operate the release management processes
- Work with Production and Product Management to build end-to-end timelines and plans for all releases in our portfolio (full games, updates, add-on content, IAP, etc.)
- Assist in the tracking of tasks and due dates involved in a release (game submissions, patch submissions, marketing materials submissions, international ratings submissions)
- Be a great partner with PC (Steam), console (Microsoft, Sony) and mobile (iOS, Android) platforms with regard to technical requirements and efficient practices around releases
- Be responsible for the ratings pipeline. Be the person with the know-how to empower teams to succeed on submissions.
- Coordinate the tools and accounts that support projects throughout the release management processes
- Represent and manage our Publishing Platforms, keeping up to date on the latest requirements, service options, and optimizations to provide specialist consulting to project team leads.
- Build bridges and be the connecting link between our development, QA, production, and marketing groups. Help us identify critical collaboration check points before launch.
- Collaborate with team members across business units to come up with creative solutions to challenging obstacles.
What You Bring:
- Experience releasing applications on mobile, console and PC
- Outstanding organization skills and experience wrangling software contributions into coherent releases
- You are proactive with the ability to work across multiple projects with minimal direction
- Strong communication and teamwork skills and consistent track record of working with diverse groups of people in various roles
- Solid understanding of the certifications and ratings processes and experience in submission
- Desire for continuous improvement and determination to drive the process
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.