At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a Print Production Manager who will specify the materials and processes used to build tabletop game products like Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons. This adventurer works closely with our suppliers to develop products that exceed our game developer's vision and business needs.
Responsibilities include crafting manufacturing specifications, defining production processes, and leading pre-production activities through final production of games with external suppliers.
What you’ll do:
- Craft collation plans with suppliers to ensure the correct components are packed out in products
- Develop printing and manufacturing solutions to meet our vision for appearance and function of products
- Responsible for cost estimates during each phase of product development to targets set by finance
- Builds detailed product specifications
- Review confirming proofs and materials from suppliers
- Actively participate in product development meetings and discussions
- Attend print and pack out production approvals at supplier facilities as needed
- Use your experience with production management to find outstanding solutions to project challenges.
What you’ll bring:
- BS in Media Arts & Technology or equivalent experience
- 3+ years minimum experience required in production areas including: art production, purchasing, traffic, marketing, prepress, printing, and packaging.
- Passion for solving problems and bringing awesome products to life
- Knowledge of plastic component production a plus
- Experience with production management of consumer products at supplier locations (press checks, pack out checks, audits)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and multitask
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Creative Suite applications a very strong plus
- Broad knowledge of print and package manufacturing processes and equipment and knowledge of game, card, book, and toy production and related processes strongly recommended
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external partners
- Capable of acting as a project leader, providing direction to teammates or cross functional teams
- Be a collaborative, continuous learner who shares knowledge to make others better
- Have excellent color perception and an eye for detail
- Knowledge of and interest in the game or entertainment industry
- Currently have or capable of getting a passport
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.