At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a results-oriented, high energy Associate Global Brand Manager to support our flagship game brand, Magic: The Gathering. In this role, you'll be responsible for supporting multi-channel global campaigns to bring our premiere and ancillary card products to life. By coordinating the efforts of our global marketing teams, you'll find new ways to engage, delight and entertain our fans while achieving business goals.
Who are you?
You are creative, collaborative with others, get things done, and have fun along the way. You are a high energy, detailed, entrepreneurial business mind who can lead teams of diverse skillsets to a goal. The best candidates have a shown background in marketing, business strategy, and/or communications. In fact, you have probably led marketing campaigns for new products, developed new business strategies and/or handled corporate communications – preferably for consumer product goods or entertainment brand.
Successful candidates will be a pro at PowerPoint, understand marketing channels, and can execute the tactical level of a go-to-market plan to entertain a target audience.
This is a high-profile role within the company, so you will possess a strong sense of self-awareness and diplomatic skills. You're a specialist at relationship-building and know how to get a job done to deliver high quality results. You’d rather do and lead than sit back and wait for orders.
What you'll do:
- Build Go-To-Market decks alongside fellow members of the marketing org, write positioning statements, and coordinate for each product campaign.
- Support marketing channel groups to develop channel approaches, lead tactical execution.
- Collaborate with regional teams to support custom campaigns and tailored approaches to each market
- Manage and evaluate critical metrics across campaigns.
- Coordinate and support communication and campaign development with product Studios.
- Maintain and update master franchise calendar for your area
- Close communication with Business Intelligence and Consumer Insights to maintain up-to-date reports of identified key success metrics
- Pitch in on other Franchise team projects and responsibilities, including but not limited to: Entertainment marketing plans, product marketing plans.
- Assist and advise other teams on brand integrity matters.
What you'll bring:
- A minimum of 1-2 years marketing or business strategy experience required.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of, interest in or experience with games, sci-fi, fantasy properties and passionate fan communities required
- Knowledge of the pop culture and entertainment industry, trends and enthusiasm for research
- Demonstrated ability to support large, cross-functional teams (international teams a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong team member in the planning, development and execution of campaigns and projects
- Rock solid organization, time management and attention to detail.
- Creativity, flexibility and positive attitude.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.