At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work collaboratively with software engineers, QA and Operations to deploy and operate our products. The primary responsibility will be to engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services – from inception and design, through to deployment, operation, and refinement. You will support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews and maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health. In addition, you will conduct research and will maintain an understanding of industry trends on existing and new technologies to advise how to gain the best value from the technologies we use.
What you'll do:
- Refine CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Gitlab, CI, TeamCity or an equivalent
- Build, optimize, and deploy workloads to Kubernetes
- Analyze cloud-based architecture for standard methodologies
- Develop monitoring and alerting tools specific to the product(s) they support.
- Participate in application code reviews (C#, Bash, .Net, Python, and PowerShell)
- 7x24 On-call responsibility. Act as critical issue engineer for operational issues
What you'll Bring:
- BA/BS degree desired or equivalent year-for-year work experience.
- 3 years working in support of critical, multi-tier applications.
- 3 years engineering infrastructure solutions in a production environment.
- 3 years of distributed system monitoring and telemetry implementation
- 2 years engineering cloud-based solutions in either Azure or AWS.
- 2 years supporting high transaction, consumer-facing systems.
- 2 years of software development: automation-related experience valued in particular.
- 2 years experience using scripting and compiled languages such as bash, python, PowerShell, C, or C# are most meaningful, but others are acceptable
- Experience working in a matrixed team using scrum agile to handle daily work items
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Knowledge of modern software and systems architectures including load-balancing, queueing and caching.
- Associated troubleshooting skills, including the ability to follow RPC calls across arbitrary network steps. Consequent understanding of monitoring in distributed systems.
- Extensive experience with instrumentation and gathering application level telemetry for consumer-facing applications.
- Experience with Business Continuity and disaster recover design, planning and implementation.
- Familiar with the concepts of continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Ability to analyze, understand, and seek out complex problems by using technology.
- Experience working collaboratively to build designs and/or seek problems.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.