At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you passionate about using your graphic design and illustration skills to connect people's imaginations through their shared love of games? Do you have an eye for what is groundbreaking in pop culture, as well as what appeals to a long-time Magic fan? We have a new opportunity for a Magic Card Frame Illustrator to join the Magic TCG Studio!
In this role, you'll create outstanding illustrative card frames in a variety of visual styles, distinct iconography, and other symbology for every Magic release.
What You'll Do
- Using Adobe Creative Suite, develop and build multiple concepts and iterations of bespoke card frames in a wide variety of styles.
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Studio Managers, the Consumer Insights Team, and Production Artists to strive for the most. marketable and evocative collectible card designs.
- Create concise, expressive, and readable-at-a-glance symbology for Magic products.
- Stay current with design and cultural trends, pursuing your creative development through partnership with others. Brainstorm as a team, not as an individual.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years in a Graphic Design, Illustration, or related role.
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to generate outstanding illustrative design content and strong vector iconography skills.
- An understanding of Magic and its core visual language, and/or an ability to quickly learn.
- Specialization in Adobe CS, with expert level craft in Photoshop and Illustrator. Plus for significant experience in crafting clean, print ready files.
- Understanding of collaborative communication platforms – Microsoft Teams/Outlook, or similar (Slack, etc)
- Basic familiarity with printing processes.
- The ability to thrive within the early ambiguity of a project, while iterating your way towards defining goals, structure, and documentation.
- High EQ and low ego.
In the Wizards TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.