At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Our Wizards Supply Chain team is looking for an experienced, results oriented Buyer to support our Global product lines and direct to consumer (DTC) products.
The ideal candidate will have shown expertise in product buying and product management, internal and external communication, outstanding execution of projects from planning through delivery.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our product portfolio.
- Partner with our product engineers and product development teams to understand product builds to develop a purchase strategy to meet our P&L targets and the demand plan from the sales team.
- Work onsite in our Renton, WA office building collaborating with the operations team and other internal partners.
- Prepare and lead RFQ/RFP requests with new and existing vendors.
- Review bids and evaluate sourcing options to make purchase recommendations.
- Maintain Purchase Info Records for all products procured globally.
- Partner with the master planner to ensure vendor schedules meet release date requirements.
- Provide and represent when needed purchasing related information for internal teams such as finance, engineering, QA, and logistics supply chain teams.
What You'll Bring:
- You're a self-starter who takes initiative, solves problems and brings ideas to the table.
- 5+yrs professional experience as a product buyer.
- Experience buying for a global market from a global vendor base.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with a buying portfolio in the range of 100’s of unique items or more.
- Ability to tackle problems in reactive situations.
- Ability to drive projects forward: you provide clear and concise direction/feedback to vendors and internal partners.
- Strong project management abilities: capable of prioritizing and balancing multiple projects simultaneously, under tight deadlines, and within budget parameters.
- Direct to Consumer product buying experience preferred.
- Well-developed verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Print background preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.