At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a Drupal Developer to join our Web Technology team and help bring our most beloved brands to millions of our fans worldwide!
Working under the Manager of Web, the role will collaborate with other team members and domain specialists to craft, implement, and deliver outstanding customer experiences with excellence, on schedule and within budget. Able to multi-task across projects under production pressures, you will receive strategic direction and make strong, self-directed tactical decisions with a focus on performance and results. You will have a bias for action and growth, reviewing and soliciting feedback from colleagues early and often through a pattern of continuous improvement. Throughout the SDLC, you will be responsible for maintaining a working relationship with peers, QA, marketing, and producers so that features are accurately implemented as intended.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the development and support of Drupal websites.
- Cultivate and maintain long term cross-disciplinary relationships, consistently raising the quality bar for end user experiences.
- Diplomatically collaborate with producers, DevOps engineers, architects, and product owners.
- Identify current or potential technical issues and provide clear solutions.
- Audit existing sites and bring forward solutions for improving performance, scalability, security, and stability.
- Deliver and accept constructive critique on technical designs, solutions, implementation plans, and code reviews frequently throughout the development process.
- Propose and execute engineering solutions for new features.
- Collaborate with peers on producing detailed technical documentation.
What You’ll Bring:
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science or similar degree or work experience
- An established portfolio exhibiting a high standard of craft, demonstrating scalability, interoperability, performance, and stability.
- 5+ years developing and maintaining Drupal websites.
- Has successfully delivered at least one property using AWS and CI/CD.
- Familiarity with Akamai, K8s, RDS, Git Pipelines.
- Proven experience in solving sophisticated problems with simple solutions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation, and teamwork skills.
- A good communicator, standout colleague, and be able to contribute to engineering discussions with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Active participant in the Drupal community.
- In-depth understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Good foundational knowledge of WOTC games, preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.