At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a Lead Mobile Application Developer to join our Tabletop Technology team and help bring our most beloved brands to digital channels and mobile experiences. As a motivated member of the engineering community, you are charged with raising the bar for both internal and external development partners.
With extensive experience in modern development methodologies and frameworks, you will contribute as a member of a team in providing critical insight that will define the imaginative vision of our products! Possessing superb interpersonal skills, you will adapt management and communication styles to accommodate certain situations and personalities, often across multiple cultures.
Working under the Director of Engineering, the role will collaborate with other team members and domain specialists to craft, implement, and deliver amazing mobile application experiences with excellence, on schedule and within budget. Able to multi-task across projects under production pressures, they will receive and provide strategic direction -- but more importantly, are able to make strong, self-directed decisions with a focus on performance and results. They will have a bias for action and growth, reviewing and soliciting feedback from colleagues early and often through a pattern of continuous improvement. Throughout the SDLC, the developer will be responsible for maintaining a working relationship with UX leads so that features are accurately implemented as intended. With unequaled attention to detail, the role flexes across multiple technology stacks and will be a standard-bearer for WOTC’s mobile application experience and initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute, guide, direct, and facilitate internal teams on the development of mobile applications across iOS and Android platforms.
- Develop and maintain long term cross-disciplinary relationships, consistently raising the quality bar for WOTC mobile application titles.
- Diplomatically collaborate with UX designers, other engineers, architects, product owners, and producers.
- Identify current or potential technical issues and provide clear solutions.
- Audit existing mobile applications and bring forward solutions for improving performance, scalability, security, and stability.
- Deliver and accept constructive critique on technical designs, solutions, implementation plans, and code reviews frequently throughout the development process.
- Propose and execute engineering solutions for new features.
- Compose thorough documentation and establish engineering standards.
What You'll Bring:
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science or similar degree or work experience
- An established portfolio exhibiting a high standard of craft, demonstrating scalability, interoperability, performance, and stability.
- 7+ years of mobile application industry experience.
- Has successfully delivered at least 3 mobile applications with over 100k downloads.
- Demonstrated experience in solving sophisticated problems with simple solutions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation, and teamwork skills.
- A good communicator, standout colleague, and be able to lead engineering discussions with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Specialist in Objective-C and Swift.
- Proficient in iOS frameworks (UI Kit, Core Foundation, Core Data, Event Kit, Core Location, etc.).
- In-depth understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Good foundational knowledge of WOTC games, especially Magic: the Gathering
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.