At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Bring Your Brain…
We'll Supply the Dragons!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Build Engineer to join our Build and Release Engineering team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Do you like to build things and see your creations flourish? As a Senior Build Engineer, you will help to shape the future of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery at Wizards of the Coast! You will work with multiple teams on a daily basis and help to onboard new projects into the build and deployment systems in addition to providing support as needed. And, you will collaborate with Developers, QA, PM, and OPS to help build out future solutions that will increase efficiency while decreasing support cost. We’re waiting for you – come join the team!
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard
- Create and support daily builds and deployments for multiple projects (live and under development)
- Build system automation and tools that are flexible across multiple software products, operating systems, and platforms
- Collaborate with team members across business units to come up with creative solutions to challenging obstacles
- Work closely with Development and Quality Assurance to solve complex build system issues
- Troubleshooting Build and Deployment errors
- Fixing build/deployment problems that occur via code and/or configuration management
- Pro-actively addressing issues via communication and if necessary, hands-on work
- Update and maintain build and deployment configuration
- Work with the existing team members to upgrade and update build and deployment technologies and processes
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
- Software Development
- Quality Assurance Team Members
- Operations Personnel
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 5-8 years of experience in build and deployment technologies
- 3-5 years working with scripting languages such as: PowerShell, NAnt, or Python
- Experience working with containerization technologies
- Experience with Unity
- Experience working with Perforce or related version control tools
- Experience with Jenkins or related continuous integration tools
- Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Strong proficiency scripting in one or more of Python, Perl, PowerShell, Ruby or Bash
- Previous experience building/deploying in Windows, Apple and Unix environments
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with Databases
- Eye for detail
- Takes initiative
- Magic/Magic Online experience is a plus
Education and Training:
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience