At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
How would you like to work with some of the most exciting artists in the industry on outstanding illustrations? Magic: the Gathering TCG Studio is hiring a new Art Director to work on our exciting Booster Fun and Secret Lair initiatives!
The right person for this position is someone who can demonstrate outstanding taste and vision in crafting original and forward-thinking illustrative content in wildly varying art styles, with a deep knowledge of the pop/fandom art world. Originality, strategic thinking, and a creative, can-do approach toward problem-solving are a must.
If you're a fanatic for emerging pop art trends, your Instagram is chock full of follows across many different art styles, you’re regularly buried under piles of contemporary/pop art magazines, and you thrive on working with artists to co-create amazing content — this role is for you!
What You'll Do
- Pitch exciting new products and visual strategies for existing products
- Commission a high volume of artwork by identifying freelance illustrators for each piece, providing continuous direction on individual pieces, and maintaining solid relationships with those partners
- Lead in-house and external designers and illustrators on conceptual designs
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ yrs of commercial art experience; experience as a commissioning Art Director/Art Buyer is a plus
- A portfolio demonstrating strong creative vision
- Knowledge of current pop culture/fandom art market/talent and you have a passion for it!
- Ability to demonstrate ownership over commissioned work and concept art
- Excitement about collaborating with other high-talent, high-experience creatives who share your passions
- The drive to discover diverse, emerging artists and work directly with top illustrative talent
- Comfort with switching gears between creative concepts while maintaining a high standard of excellence
- Capacity for working in a creative and multifaceted environment
- Strong communication skills and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- High attention to detail and are organized
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator) and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
In the Wizards TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.