For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
Are you passionate about the IP development process with a primary orientation towards production and project management? Come use your outstanding desire for spreadsheets to empower creatives and supercharge Magic: The Gathering Trading Card Game!
As the Producer for our Worldbuilding team, you'd be responsible for the production of all Worldbuilding needs for Magic: The Gathering TCG through scheduling, documentation, and tracking and resolving discrepancies in a fast-paced creative environment.We rely that a ton of interconnected elements and schedules flow seamlessly, and this role is crucial in supporting its success!
What You'll Do
This role’s day-to-day responsibilities can range from managing the schedules of multiple concurrent development projects, generating documentation in order to ensure strategic alignment across teams and vendors, ensuring that the ideal assets are generated for testing needs, and producing multiple concept pushes every year.
- Own tools/schedules/documentation for arc planning, pre-production for Worldbuilding including characters, and story planning
- Manage the development and distribution of all foundational documentation for Worldbuilding (presentations, world guides, character and story documents). Iterate on these to ensure they continually meet partner needs
- Drive pre-vis work for focus groups and surveys
- Secure talent for multiple visual concept pushes according to schedule; work with legal to ensure contractual and any visa obligations are met in a timely manner
What You’ll Bring
- 4 + yrs experience as a Producer in a creative development environment
- The ability to thrive with the early ambiguity of a project, while iterating your way towards goals, structure, timing, and documentation
- An outstanding balance between a flexible and forward-thinking mentality, and with a strong orientation towards process
- You’re organized, meticulous and able to build efficiencies to further streamline processes
- You consistently demonstrate excellent collaboration skills between creative, development, and cross-functional teams
- Thrive working in a creative and multifaceted environment
In the Wizards TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.