Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We are building games that represent the diversity of our audience. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
Archetype Entertainment seeks an experienced Human Resources and Talent Acquisition Leader to help continue our growth and further establish the foundations of our culture. This unique, hybrid role will be a key member of our Studio Leadership team and a critical partner in our quest as an ambitious and growing AAA video game studio.
If you're a daring Multi-classer ready to take your Recruiting and/or HR chops to the next level, look no further. Adventure has found you!
This role reports to the Studio General Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with leadership to build a comprehensive people and talent strategy to grow our game studio from its current small-but-mighty size to our planned scale for crafting world-class AAA video games.
- Lead studio recruiting hands-on, manage future HR/TA staff (if needed), and partner with Wizards' TA team where appropriate.
- Partner to assess, build, and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement, branding, sourcing, recruiting, and marketing initiatives.
- Provide timely mentorship to studio managers to lead performance & development conversations and help resolve employee issues & concerns.
- Conduct skill-gap analysis, collect competitive intelligence insights, and use existing data & reports to adjust prioritization plans and balance workloads.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews and lead all voluntary terminations ensuring legal advice is sought where needed.
- Act as a resource for special projects and HR/TA programs, and any other activities that may be specified by leadership.
What you’ll bring:
You have an established reputation as a trusted advisor, influencing with finesse, business insight, and stewardship of our brands to drive continuous improvement.
- Strategic – Able to look at the long-term needs of the studio and incorporate big picture insights within our HR and Talent strategies.
- Inclusive – in contributing towards our employment culture, sourcing techniques, & equitable assessment practices.
- Curious – with a constant pulse on market trends, industry news, and intelligence insights critical to advise HR & recruiting strategy.
- Collaborative – able to communicate effectively to build trust, partner, and influence peers and leaders of all levels.
- Creative - able to source & engage top talent with a robust toolkit and techniques that promote inclusion & foster a AAA employment brand.
- Empathetic - An evangelist who delights in providing outstanding experiences for leaders, candidates, and employees.
- Organized – with an eye towards continuous improvement to build & execute efficient, simple, and scalable processes.
- 3+ years of prior HR Generalist, HRBP, and/or Recruiting experience with at least 2 years in a Games Studio environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a focus in business, HR, or related fields. 2-year degree and Equivalent additional work experience may be substituted.
- Expertise with recruiting & people management software, strong project management and analytical skills.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.