At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Bring Your Brain…
We'll Supply the Dragons!
This is an exciting opportunity for Sr. Game Producer to join the Magic: The Gathering Arena production team. In the Wizards’ Digital Game Studio, we foster strong positive relationships across component teams within the company. As a Senior Producer, you will lead one or more squads of developers focused on specific problem areas within Arena development. As a seasoned voice on the production team, you are expected to grow, mentor, and encourage others.
The ideal candidate is passionate and hardworking, with a consistent track record working with developers in large scale system environments and who is eager to join us in our aim to elevate Wizards’ digital efforts to be outstanding.
What you'll do:
- Work with your squad to break out project deliverables and scope goals accordingly
- Coordinate the work of cross-functional development components which impact your features and content deliveries
- Address potential problems like resource blockers, quality concerns, and scope changes with other members of the Production team
- Define the vision, business and technology strategy for your squad’s deliverables, including North Star metric(s) and KPIs for measuring results.
- Represent the needs of Wizards with all partners, and driving the external relationships involved with development with minimal direction
- Craft clear, detailed, and proactive communication to your immediate squad, and throughout Wizards of the Coast at large
- Manage prioritization of tasks, bugs, design iteration, and user/tester feedback
- Build and maintain project backlogs, roadmaps, schedules and documentation
- Deliberately balance the needs of the players, the studio and the business using data to advise the conversation
What you'll bring:
The successful candidate has a strong mix of creative, technical, innovation, and managerial experience from the live services and/or gaming space.
- 5+ years of videogame industry experience with at least three commercially shipped titles in a production role
- Demonstrated technical aptitude – preference to applicants with programming/technical experience
- Deep knowledge of software development processes, project management, and agile development methodologies
- Able to run a project from start to finish with minimal input from management
- Experienced mentor, motivating ICs and a squad towards a common goal, despite circumstances
- Self-motivated, high-initiative person who inspires others and fosters an ownership-mindset in the team
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Experience playing Magic TCG and working with CCG a plus!
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.