For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
What is this role all about
The Sr. Creative Art Director will lead cross category product development and style guide development across WOTC consumer products. This position will chip in to the overall entertainment and brand licensing objectives that drive worldwide brand awareness and deliver revenue. Consumer Product’s goal is to extend WOTC’s franchises into products that engage and delight consumers. This is a key position that is responsible for the creative vision and development of quality product across WOTC’s portfolio of brands.
A day in the life:
- Manage creative aspects of product design and development process from concept through the final product approval; Ensure quality product, trend-forward design and timely development
- Possess cross-functional team leadership by collaborating with Category, Retail, Franchise/Franchise Creative
- Work with licensee development teams in the strategic and commercially viable creation of WOTC product offerings
- Track and lead a budget specific to creation of product development assets
- Provide clear and concise direction on trends, graphics, character model draw-overs and creative comments that guide licensee partners through PD process
- Possess a proficient cross category knowledge including manufacturing and printing processes, assortment planning, graphic and pattern development, branding and trim development
- Seasonally, develop global trends and style guides across assigned consumer products category that translate into viable product ideas that best represent animated and live action franchises
- Lead product concept pitch development in support of retail meetings and creative rollouts
- Work across D&D and Magic franchise teams and Hasbro Global Consumer Products teams to support financials goals and strong creative execution
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in fashion design, product design or related field
- 10+ product development experience required with 6-8 years minimum managerial experience
- Experience with style guide development and manufacturing of both soft and hard goods product categories; experience in branding and packaging for consumer goods
- Proven leadership skills; highly organized, proactive self-starter
- Mac proficient with advanced skills in Adobe Suite, Keynote and Microsoft applications Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to deliver clear, concise creative direction and vision; possess broad understanding of trend and commercial design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, fast paced environment that revolves around multiple product development calendars
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.