For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
Bring Your Brain…
We'll Supply the Dragons!
This is an exciting opportunity for a Live Ops Producer to join the Magic: The Gathering Arena production team. The ideal candidate is a hardworking, talented, experienced individual with a consistent track record of leading teams to global success and who is eager to join us in our commitment to elevate Wizards’ digital efforts to be best in class.
Day to day responsibilities
As the main point of contact for live operations for Arena, you work with multiple disciplines inside and outside of the building to ensure we are shipping the highest quality releases. You are advancing our monitoring tools, evolving how Wizards responds to live issues, and owning the state of visibility for the game internal to the company. You are incredibly organized, communicate like a rockstar, and stable under pressure. The ideal candidate is passionate for technology, has a history of working with large scale system environments, has worked with support developers, and has a history with live operation team.
- Ensure successful releases, monitoring, and ecosystem health
- Maintain live operations policies and procedures, taking care of dependencies across multiple component teams
- Provide transparency on live issues, risks, and work streams to all company shareholders
- Provide leadership and mentorship through solid planning for current tooling needs and future pipeline improvements to optimize our release processes
- Support live game operations whenever issues occur
- Deliberately balance the needs of the players, the studio and the business using data-informed decisions
The successful candidate has a strong mix of creative, leadership, technical, innovative and managerial experience from the live services gaming space.
- 3+ years of experience working in production where you have managed cross-functional teams in the delivery and support of online services
- Deep understanding of live operations for a game in a 24/7 ecosystem
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build, track, and resolve complex issues and provide RCA reports with actionable information
- Proficient with agile development – you are a kanban expert
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Minimum 3+ years exposure to Magic: The Gathering as a player – you understand the nuances of the paper product as well as you do the digital realm
- Cloud system or similar technical background experience
- You are a wizard at the Atlassian suite, able to optimize and upgrade the group on Jira and Confluence in your sleep
- Skill at managing difficult communication situations with executives, partners, and the team at large
- Experience working on mobile/tablet game development
- PMP Certification
- College Degree or equivalent production experience
About Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast is a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games. Wizards’ Digital Game Studios team members have created, developed, and contributed to some of the most impactful and innovative game franchises over the last 20 years, including Asheron’s Call, Lord of the Rings Online, Crackdown – and of course, Magic: The Gathering.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we believe crafting products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.