For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
What is this role all about?
We are looking for an extraordinary data analyst to be the voice of data and analytics in the design and live operations of our digital products. You will partner with game designers, product managers, and strategic leadership to analyze complex problems and recommend data-informed solutions. You will combine your analytical and statistical skills with your love of games to make recommendations and find opportunities that make our games better for our players and for Wizards.
A day in the life of a Sr Data Analyst:
- Identify Opportunities – At Wizards, we are always striving to make our products better, and this will be especially true in the competitive digital marketplace. You will use your expertise at data manipulation and your strong passion for games to identify ways in which we can improve our digital products. You will be the “voice of the data” in identifying where we can be doing better and in quantifying the potential impact.
- Make Actionable Recommendations – You will not be satisfied with uncovering areas for improvements; you will be an active participant in generating ideas and making recommendations. Your knowledge of game design standard methodologies will supplement your analysis to yield actionable recommendations that are feasible and consistent with Wizard’s core values.
- Develop Collaborative Partnerships – Analysis only has impact through action and implementation. You will be an extraordinary collaborator and partner with our decision makers. Your magnificent execution and effective communication will earn the trust of the game teams and executives, and, in return, they will look to you for analytical guidance and impartial analysis.
- Publish Important Reporting – You will empower others by developing reporting that answers key questions in understanding and running our business and games. You will understand user needs, anticipate their questions, and provide meaningful on-demand reporting for our partners.
What you'll bring:
- 2 years of work experience in data analysis with a gaming company
- Proficiency in SQL language (Postgres, TSQL, etc.) and other analytic programming languages
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, etc.).
- Knowledge of and real passion for games, including Magic: The Gathering
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
Interested in learning more about the team?
We are a mix of data analysts and scientists from all walks of life. We are defined by our common principles:
- We are stewards of facts
- We are passionate about games
- We believe solid analysis leads to better decisions
- We listen and learn
- We are inclusive and respectful
- We expect greatness
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.