For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
What is this role all about:
The EP, head of D&D TRPG, runs the D&D TRPG business unit and P&L at Wizards of the Coast. They bring business insight and creative leadership together to develop D&D’s table-top product offering and grow its audience and revenues globally.
The EP leads the internal TRPG Studio and a multi-disciplinary team of game designers, editors, art directors and graphic artists, producers, product managers and marketers to build and bring to market compelling table-top RPG experiences that continue and expand on the successful tradition of the D&D Brand.
You will be leading role at Wizards that regularly participates in executive discussions and decisions related to the D&D Franchise. The EP is a top-tier publishing executive with a strong sense for creative vision, innovation, execution perfection, consumer satisfaction and leadership through encouragement.
A day in the life as an Executive Producer:
- Own global P&L
- Set business objectives, product revenue and profit targets for the TRPG business and Studio and execute against them.
- Develop and optimize each product line to maximize their overall contribution,
- Lead the revenue forecast and sales planning in partnership with the trade and sales organization,
- Partner with cross-functional teams to bring TRPG products to market and grow TRPG revenue.
- Own product definition, development and production management
- Drive cost-effectiveness and operational efficiency to deliver profitability objectives.
- Partner with Franchise leadership, digital publishing, marketing, licensing and other Hasbro entities to give the Franchise a global strategic blueprint definition, growth and expansion
- Own category strategy and global release schedule
- Design and develop multi-year TRPG product plans. Utilize Consumer Insights to expand TRPG category and SKU line-up to meet consumer segments’ demand.
- Design and advocate for TRPG product line and consumer experience vision and innovation. Lead product lifecycle from inception to maturity.
- Establish and execute global product release schedule in relationship to overall Franchise business and marketing goals.
- Partner with finance, operations, trade, sales and marketing to meet release schedule timing, product quality and cost commitments.
- Own global branded play experiences and design
- Develop compelling entertainment RPG experiences fostering AAA game design, art and storytelling from the TRPG Studio team
- Design a rich portfolio of product and play experiences that expand the appeal of D&D to newer audiences and deepen the engagement of fans of the Franchise
- Balance business, design and production priorities
- Attract, lead and develop a team of hardworking creatives
- Champion a culture of innovation, research, analysis, positivity, passion, dedication, and aim for results.
- Set TRPG Studio Team’s goals and manage performance
- Inspire through vision, provide mentorship and develop individuals
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years leading a team of creatives
- 5+ years design experience or product management in gaming studio
- 5+ years running an ongoing business dependent on regular content releases
- Shown success streamlining and delivering new product extensions while continuing to service the core business
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.