For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
A day in the life as a technical product manager
- Collaborate to define the product vision, strategy and business model
- Work with internal and external resources to establish detailed and prioritized business requirements and critical feature sets and translate them into user stories.
- Work with the team to estimate and scope projects to facilitate product roadmap discussions with business partners.
- Use analytics to assess products and processes from high-reaching and standard methodologies standpoints, recommending improvements aligned with business goals.
- Lead teams to envision new product features that optimize impact.
- Develop strategic product roadmaps, success criteria, and mechanisms to track the technical and financial health of products under your purview.
- Help identify and facilitate process, pipelines, and dependencies to enhance effectiveness between multiple team disciplines.
- Work with our platform engineering team to ensure objectives, strategies, and tactics are carried out in accordance with the Product plans and objectives.
- Lead and drive the development and implementation of new features, functions, products and platform products.
- Develop and groom the product backlog and build and groom enough stories to foster execution teams.
- Develop and deliver cogent presentations that detail product strategy
- Manage expectations and timely communications with regards to status of Production Environment.
- Provide clear usability and stability trends / metrics to the Production team and upper management.
- Ensure that internal and external developers and other production resources meet deliverables and receive all necessary technical information.
- Provide direction to Producers and Project Managers to ensure implementation plans for assigned products, and services achieve defined success criteria.
- Lead cross-organization execution efforts to ensure all relevant internal and external parties are apprised of plans and development schedules in regards to digital services, products and games.
- Represent the product to partners in reports and meetings, including demos and presentations.
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years experience working as a product manager with an internal engineering team.
- Experience working with a Project Management Software
- Released multiple products in a Production capacity
- Prior production experience in online gaming preferred but not required
- Strong understanding of the product development and QA processes
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
- Highly capable with requirements analysis, software development, databases, hardware, quality assurance, and technology operations
- Strong production tool skills including mastery of Microsoft Office, and basic QA/Scrum tools
- Superior scheduling, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills with the ability and desire to work in a dynamic studio environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.