For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
What is this role all about?
We’re looking for humble but passionately driven professionals who can teach us what it takes to create break-through advertising and brand strategies. We accept those with an appetite for experimentation and have a deep understanding of what makes players around the world tick. If you’re passionate about storytelling across all media forms and have a healthy disregard for the status quo, then this might just be the right opportunity for you.
As the Creative Director on the Marketing team, you’ll lead the creative conception and execution of campaign platforms across our entire portfolio of product. One moment you might find yourself crafting the strategic narrative and brand identity strategy for a new experimental mobile CCG game; The next moment you may find yourself mentoring a group of hardworking Art Directors and Visual designers, helping teach them what it means to tell brand stories .You are helping build the creative organization of the future, so you are the type of person who passionately chases the next human truth or insight that will help us out innovate our competition.
A day in the life as a creative marketing director:
- Lead and inspire a hardworking team of Art Directors, Motion Designers, Visual Designers, Copywriters across video, static, digital, and sometimes traditional media forms
- Lead the Strategic Documents that help guide campaign planning for our products (brand positioning, key art, strategic narrative, creative platform, agency briefs, etc.)
- Partner with both Internal Teams and External Agencies to bring your Creative Vision to life – On time, On Quality, On Budget.
- Brief key partners across the organization to help them understand how we’re creating breakthrough ideas that speak to the gaming community.
- Generate new and exciting ideas across a variety of mediums and help find the right partner to bring those ideas to life.
What you'll bring:
- Experience: 10+ years in a creative marketing role within the gaming/entertainment industry or creative agency
- Experienced leader: You’ve inspired organizations; a champion of the work that knows when to defend and when feedback will make the idea stronger
- Expert marketer: You’ve developed brand positioning, strategic narratives, creative platforms, campaigns, and other key materials
- A strategic thinker: a creative, lateral and analytical thinker who loves deconstructing complex problems
- Consummate storyteller: ability to tell an evocative message in an image, a video, or a line of copy
- A proven creative: a rich portfolio of innovative activations and content across a variety of platforms
- Live and breathe digital marketing: Understand consumer behavior in the digital age
- Insight Driven: You’re not afraid of data as a proof point or as a means of extracting insights
- You’re passionate about games and the culture of games
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.