UserTesting was founded in 2007, and is backed by world class VCs: Accel, Greenspring, Insight Partners, and OpenView. In 2020, we crossed $100M in revenue, and are accelerating our international growth from our San Francisco headquarters. UserTesting is now present in 12 countries, with regional offices in Atlanta, Edinburgh, Singapore, and Oslo. Today, more than 2,000 organizations in 45 countries use the UserTestingⓇ Human Insight Platform to make more informed, customer-first decisions at scale.
Choosing to join our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming the way companies learn about their customers and build better products and experiences. Using our powerful software combined with the industry’s largest and most diverse panel of test participants, our customers can quickly target their audience and receive think-aloud video feedback from real people sharing their thoughts to your questions. UserTesting’s industry-leading platform enables companies to get rapid feedback on all types of customer interactions and experiences: websites, mobile apps, prototypes, campaigns, real world experiences, and more! A recent Forrester study found the ROI of using UserTesting to be 655%!
We’re proud that this is our third year of being honored as an Inc. Best Workplace and a Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area, along with having received a variety of additional workplace and corporate growth awards. We’ve made a commitment to build and develop a diverse workforce that reflects the labor markets in which we operate. We actively look to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital/family status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin, in addition to bringing a variety of backgrounds, interests and opinions. At the end of 2020, our global team was 43% women and 36% minority; in the U.S., our underrepresented minority population was 16%. In the last year, we’ve had more than a third of our employees take on new roles within UT. We do everything we can to make UserTesting a place where you feel you belong and are empowered to do the best work of your career.
About The Opportunity:
You’re passionate about winning market battles and solving business mysteries.
As the lead competitive analyst at a fast-growing software company, you’ll be responsible for understanding our competitive landscape around the world. You’ll study our current and future competitors – not just what they do, but how they’re organized and how they think. Using this information, you’ll help us determine how to serve customers better than they do. Specific activities include:
- With the VP of market strategy, identify and prioritize both current and emerging competitors in a fast-changing market
- Find creative, ethical ways to experience competitive products hands-on and research competitive pricing and terms of business
- Attend conferences and interact with influencers and customers to monitor competitive activity
- Based on your research, identify our advantages and vulnerabilities relative to competitors
- Create documents, messaging, and training that help our sales and marketing teams succeed
- Respond to competitive questions and information requests from our customer-facing teams
- Participate in sales calls to help customers understand our value
- Share your learnings with our product and customer success teams, to help guide their offerings
What we’re looking for:
This is a great role for someone who has customer-facing experience in our market or a related market, and who wants to move in a more strategic career direction. Your background could include customer success, support, sales engineering, or other customer-facing roles, but that’s not required. What you must have is a good understanding of how B2B customers think, a passion for our space, and the willingness to keep digging until you find the truth behind the hype. Specifically, you need...
- At least five years of relevant experience with a strong background in SaaS
- Ability to shift quickly between multiple priorities, and balance fire drills against longer-term projects
- Excellent customer empathy
- Detail orientation
- A great understanding of the needs and processes of B2B sales teams
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, with a commitment to accuracy
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Strong business ethics (you are a researcher, not a spy)
- Experience in rapidly-scaling companies is a plus
- International experience is a huge plus
- We’re willing to consider a great candidate who’s based anywhere, but it’s helpful if you live where we have offices: Atlanta, the San Francisco Bay Area, Edinburgh, or Singapore
Note that this is not an entry level position. We’re looking for an experienced individual who’s passionate about helping a business win the right way, by dramatically improving the lives of customers.
Why you’ll love working for UserTesting:
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we’re also growing the team quickly - join us!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable. Unfortunately, we are not currently hiring in the state of Colorado.