Umoja Biopharma is a game-changing biotech start-up with locations in Seattle, WA and Boulder, CO, focused on transforming the treatment of cancer with a novel integrated immunotherapy platform. Our vision is to develop off-the-shelf therapies capable of treating any tumor, any time. We are a diverse and growing team working in brand-new facilities in downtown Seattle, Washington, and Boulder, Colorado, and we are looking for innovative thinkers who are excited by groundbreaking science and technology, and passionate about squaring up to the challenges inherent to cutting edge drug development. We are committed to the principles of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and strongly invite applications from enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment and help position Umoja as a leader in this front.
We at Umoja believe in the importance of stories; we are looking for great people to join our team to help us create more stories for ourselves, for you, and most importantly for patients and their families.
Umoja Biopharma – Your Body. Your Hope. Your Cure.
Umoja is looking for an Associate Director of Alliance Management to be responsible for oversight management of Umoja’s collaborative development activities with external partners on projects involving research, technology, and product development. The individual will be required to develop, track, and manage project plans and budgets while also serving as a primary point of contact for both external partners and internal Umoja stakeholders as an active communication conduit. In addition, they will also be a part of business development team focusing on operational support activities. We’re looking for someone who has spent a lot of time in cross-functional teams using relationship management and earned workplace capital to keep teams operating smoothly and meeting milestones and deliverables. We want the person who is looking 2 or 3 steps ahead and planning how go guard against potential issues while also making sure to proactively communicate to cross-company governance what they need to keep projects moving forward. The ideal candidate wants to and can be the engine that drives communication and collaboration in and between internal cross-functional and cross-company teams as we advance to the clinic. They will bring their innovative, creative, and passionate mind to the development of our collaborative work with external partners. If you are the type of person who is always looking for ways to make 1+1=3, we want you to come and be involved in relationship building and early communication with prospective BD partners as well as taking ownership of the longer term relationship and making the collaboration successful.
- Organizing and leading cross-functional internal and cross-company meetings for Research, CMC, Translational, and Program teams
- Creating and maintaining project communication tools to ensure alignment of multiple teams both internal to Umoja and with our partners - project dashboards, timelines, team meeting minutes, and knowledge and risk management tools
- Managing and monitoring scope, milestones, dependencies, risks, and budget associated with each project
- Collaborating with project teams to identify and highlight project risks and issues related to tasks and timelines
- Facilitating strategy development for effective mitigation and escalation strategies
- Supporting business development exploratory discussions with potential collaborators including correspondence tracking and coordination of internal messaging
- Managing implementation of project management methodology and governance tools
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the cell therapy / biotech industry
- Minimum of 5 years managing cross-functional project teams
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with communications and coordination with outside collaboration partners
- Experience in managing biotherapeutic projects within a small, agile company environment desirable
- Excellent communication, organizational, and prioritization skills, including strong presentation skills to all levels of organization
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate project team meetings, enhance cross-functional communication, support decision making, influence outcomes, and ensure alignment among internal and external stakeholders
- Experience overseeing and coordinating activities with contract manufacturing organizations and/or external partner organizations
- Proven ability to work independently with the capability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and project timeline management tools, e.g., SmartSheet
- Ability to work from home and in the office as required
- Up to 10% travel required
Pursuant to Umoja Biopharma’s Vaccine Policy, we are currently requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated to work onsite or visit any of our physical locations. In addition, you must provide proof of vaccination to work onsite or visit any of our physical locations. Umoja will consider reasonable accommodation for medical condition/disability and sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance unless such accommodation would result in an undue hardship.
Umoja Biopharma offers its employees comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Premera Blue Cross, Delta Dental, and VSP, respectively, with no premium costs to our employees. Additionally, we offer Umojians access to a 401k plan through Fidelity, with a 100% match up to their first 6% deferral. Umoja also provides a competitive, unlimited Paid Time Off policy, employee commuter benefits, and childcare reimbursement. For a full breakdown of our benefits offerings, please see the Benefits section of our website.