Umoja Biopharma is a game-changing biotech start-up with locations in Seattle, WA and Boulder, CO, focused on transforming the treatment of cancer with a novel integrated immunotherapy platform. Our vision is to develop off-the-shelf therapies capable of treating any tumor, any time. We are a diverse and growing team working in brand-new facilities in downtown Seattle, Washington, and Boulder, Colorado, and we are looking for innovative thinkers who are excited by groundbreaking science and technology, and passionate about squaring up to the challenges inherent to cutting edge drug development. We are committed to the principles of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and strongly invite applications from enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment and help position Umoja as a leader in this front.
We at Umoja believe in the importance of stories; we are looking for great people to join our team to help us create more stories for ourselves, for you, and most importantly for patients and their families.
Umoja Biopharma – Your Body. Your Hope. Your Cure.
Umoja Biopharma is seeking a Senior Laboratory Computing Analyst for our Colorado locations. This position will be based in Colorado, providing principal support to the Boulder/Louisville sites, however periodic travel to Washington may be required for support of those lab systems. This position is part of the IT and Informatics Division, with primary focus on laboratory information systems and related system administration.
The Senior Laboratory Computing Analyst contributes specialized technical knowledge and support associated with the planning, installation, configuration, and maintenance of laboratory systems. This position also provides support to end-users to install, tune and troubleshoot applications associated with these systems. This includes troubleshooting user devices, systems, applications, and communications networks to ensure stability, integrity and efficient operations of these information systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the functional support of laboratory information and instrument focused applications and supporting systems in partnership with IT, Informatics, Facilities, LabOps, and other business team members.
- Leads resolution of incidents and requests individually or as a coordinator of resources across IT/Informatics or business teams, including laboratory networks, instrument PC hardware, non-laboratory information software, and peripherals (e.g., printers, scanners, ...)
- Act as the systems administrator, working with the business to understand laboratory systems and processes and requests for enabling appropriate solutions through systems.
- Serve as liaison between internal laboratory users, laboratory operations support, and instrument vendors to address computer/software issues, evaluate product upgrades, fixes and other enhancements.
- Provide excellent customer service and feedback on the status of issues.
- Support the IQ/OQ/PQ testing efforts for laboratory systems.
- This position is currently located in the Boulder metro area in support of the Colorado sites.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or other regulated environment.
- A combination of equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with lab instrument PCs and software.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with IT systems such as PC operating systems, networks, databases, and applications - both on premise and cloud.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting and maintaining PC, server and cloud-based laboratory systems.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a system administrator for both server (physical and cloud) and application administration.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with Active Directory and related security controls.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience troubleshooting network communications and other security zone architecture.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience implementing laboratory and manufacturing systems best practices as it relates to security and GxP compliance.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in and supporting a hybrid working environment – both on premise and remote work.
- Understand and support master data governance for laboratory information systems.
- Experience in a GxP manufacturing environment, including experience with change control as it relates to validated systems.
- Experience with enterprise laboratory systems including – LIMS and electronic lab notebook – as well as desktop software that supports the operation of lab instruments and the access of data produced.
- System Administration experience with both on premise and cloud environments including – Windows servers (virtual and physical), AWS, GCS, Azure/O365.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven problem solver.
- Attention to detail, self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work onsite and remotely within a reasonable driving distance to Colorado sites
- Ability to travel as needed, four times a year at minimum
Salary Range: $105,000 - $125,000
Pursuant to Umoja Biopharma’s Vaccine Policy, we are currently requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated to work onsite or visit any of our physical locations. In addition, you must provide proof of vaccination to work onsite or visit any of our physical locations. Umoja will consider reasonable accommodation for medical condition/disability and sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance unless such accommodation would result in an undue hardship.
Umoja Biopharma offers its employees comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Premera Blue Cross, Delta Dental, and VSP, respectively, with no premium costs to our employees. Additionally, we offer Umojians access to a 401k plan through Fidelity, with a 100% match up to their first 6% deferral. Umoja also provides a competitive, unlimited Paid Time Off policy, employee commuter benefits, and childcare reimbursement. For a full breakdown of our benefits offerings, please see the Benefits section of our website.