Two Chairs is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
We bring together an exceptional team of people at the intersection of clinical care, technology, and design. Though our backgrounds may be different, we’re united by our collective personal experiences with the mental health care system and the desire to make it better. We strive to create a world where everyone has access to exceptional mental healthcare and to create a workplace where everyone has the opportunity to impact that mission. We are passionate about mental health and excited to be a part of a team that is bringing personalized, data-driven therapy to California and eventually nationwide.
About the role
We are seeking Psychotherapists to deliver thoughtful, data-driven therapy among a diverse and collaborative Clinical team. You will provide high quality care to a personalized caseload of clients based on Two Chairs’ matching methodology and have the opportunity to incorporate data and technology into your clinical work. Our immensely diverse team of Clinicians offers a highly unique work environment fostering continuous learning and a culture of support and camaraderie. You’ll meet for weekly case consultation, collaborate with other Psychotherapists and Clinical Leaders, participate in all-company events and socials, and attend monthly trainings and internal professional development sessions. You’ll also have dedicated time each day for completing client notes and required administrative work related to your clinical care.
- Committed to delivering exceptional quality work
- Passionate about mental health
- Low ego and outcome-oriented
- Deeply empathetic
Where you’ll make an impact:
- Commitment of 40 hours of working time per week which includes availability for at least 30 client sessions, team meetings, case consultation and dedicated administrative time
- Practice evidence-based psychotherapy such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), mindfulness based cognitive therapy (MBCT), time-limited dynamic psychotherapy (TLDP), interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT), emotion-focused therapy (EFT), and motivational interviewing (MI)
- Thoughtfully integrate technology into practice, provide data-driven care, evaluate response to ongoing treatment, and modify therapeutic approach accordingly
- Actively engage in our community by contributing to case discussions, collaborating with other clinicians, joining for team outings and providing feedback on company trainings and tools to positively impact the clinicians’ day to day work experience
- Communicate with other mental health providers and provide referrals as needed
You’ll be successful if you:
- Have an active LMFT/LCSW/LPCC license or active license in clinical psychology (PhD or PsyD from an accredited university)
- Have at least two years of clinical experience treating individuals
- Are experienced in practicing with evidence-based psychotherapies
- Incorporate clinical diagnostic and assessment instruments (e.g., PHQ-9) to monitor client progress and treatment outcomes
- Have a desire to learn and share experience among a diverse team of both clinical and non-clinical colleagues
- Training and experience treating couples is a plus
More about our benefits
Whether you work in our HQ office or at a clinic, Two Chairs is highly collaborative, and yes, fun! To support you at work we offer some fantastic perks and benefits that reflect our mission of self-care and support, including:
- Competitive salary and equity in a high growth start-up
- Ample paid time off to relax and recharge including a Winter Office Closing: Christmas Day through New Years Day
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Annual professional development stipend to support your learning & growth
- Annual subsidized company contributions to your healthcare FSA
- Wellness stipend to encourage and support a well-rounded healthy lifestyle
- Full malpractice insurance coverage and licensure fee reimbursement
- Paid parental leave and lots more
Two Chairs is committed to building a culture of inclusivity, belonging, and safety. We believe that in order to achieve our mission we must foster a workforce that represents people from all identities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Our DEI efforts are grounded in employee support, education & advocacy, culturally-informed care, and ingrained in our hiring process.