Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company founded by world-class leaders in epigenome editing. At Tune, we strive to develop paradigm-changing cell and gene therapies that leverage epigenetic programming for the treatment of devastating diseases. We are building a highly skilled and dynamic team with expertise that spans drug discovery through commercialization. We are passionate about the science of epigenetic editing and its potential to transform patient care.
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate or Research Associate to join our Genomic Assays group to support our cutting-edge epi-editing programs. In this role you will be in tasked with helping various research and development programs advance from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. The successful candidate will work closely with the group's scientists and be responsible for conducting genomics assays, analyzing data, and assisting with other laboratory duties as needed. The ideal candidate will be a motivated team player with excellent attention to detail and a strong interest in genomics, molecular biology, and assay development. This role will report to a scientist in the genomic assays group.
- Follows direction to execute, and analysis of experiments.
- Familiarity with experimental design, writing protocols, data collection and data interpretation.
- Conduct and optimize genomics assays, including NGS library preparation, qPCR, and other genomic assays as needed
- Analyze and interpret data and present findings to the group's scientists
- Familiarity with general molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Work collaboratively with other program groups in the company to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results
- Develop and maintain detailed laboratory records, including experimental protocols, data analysis, and quality control documentation
- Participate in group meetings and present data to colleagues
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in genomics and assay technologies and implement new methods as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with other Research Associates and Scientists as part of larger projects and laboratory operations
- Assist with other laboratory duties as needed, such as reagent preparation and equipment maintenance
- Bachelor’s and 0-2 years of experience for Research Associate and Bachelor’s and 2-4 years of experience or Master’s with 0-2 years of experience Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Engineering or related subject
- Hands-on experience with genomics assays, such as NGS library preparation, qPCR, or other molecular biology techniques
- Experience with general molecular biological techniques including purification of RNA, and DNA
- Strong attention to detail and ability to carefully follow protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with using and programming automation and liquid handling platforms (e.g. Hamilton, Tecan, etc)
- Familiar with CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing or epigenetic editing approaches
- Experience with recombinant DNA technology methods including plasmid construction, and isothermal DNA assembly (“Gibson cloning”) and bacterial transformation.
- Experience with aseptic mammalian tissue culture techniques and interested in learning novel tissue culture procedures.
- Experience in single-cell genomics or spatial transcriptomics
- Knowledge of genomics data analysis and visualization tools
The starting compensation range for this role is from $60,000 – 75,000 annually for a Research Associate or $70,000-85,000 for a Senior Research Associate (adjusted for location), based on skills, education and experience that is relevant to the position. Other components of total compensation include annual bonus and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Explore Passionately. Innovate Boldly. Execute Selflessly. Come bring the song to life!