About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
The growth of our company depends on the technology we are building as we look to treat more complex chronic conditions and integrate with exciting healthcare partners. This is your chance to be involved from the ground up. We’re looking to hire a motivated, senior engineer who is excited to join a fun, collaborative team. Above all, we’re looking for people who are inspired to join us on our mission to reinvent healthcare.
You will get to:
- Implement new features using modern API server-side frameworks, libraries, and tools (Ruby on Rails with Apollo GraphQL)
- Work with team leads to develop systems and services for Thirty Madison users across all of our healthcare brands
- Collaborate on peer code reviews and architecture discussions
You should have:
- 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer, primarily developing backend services and APIs on a modern web stack
- Fluency in at least one modern web framework with a preference on Ruby on Rails (or Python/Django, Node/Express, etc.)
- Exposure to modern cloud deployment technologies (we use AWS)
- Experience with SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL) and data modeling best practices
- Experience with asynchronous jobs, team-oriented git workflow, instrumenting, monitoring and profiling systems
- A strong commitment to testing and quality
- Resourceful builders who can balance the pace of a fast growing startup with the need for high quality code
- Great communicators who can deliver visibility across the organization and suggest initiatives to maximize impact
- Entrepreneurs at heart who are excited to be part of a growing team, take initiative, and drive results
- Team players with no ego who are eager to learn on their own and from others how to level up in their career
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.