ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Sales & Partnerships team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, and scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether that’s working with agencies and clients directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth and efficiency of our pre and post-sales operations.
As we grow, we're seeking an enthusiastic team player to support our Sales team as we scale our monetization and ad sales efforts. The sales reporting analyst owns the management, understanding and analyzing performance for all sponsored campaigns across theSkimm’s product suite. The role must work cross-functionally to ensure data for all clients is being captured, performance is clearly summarized for both internal and external parties and there is timely completion of all deliverables to the client services team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Act a central source and owner of analytics and data measurement for all sponsored media at theSkimm
- Partner with Sales, Client Services, Finance and Executive teams to measure and analyze the effectiveness of native advertising campaigns to develop insights and make recommendations
- Intake, analyze and respond to data requests related to theSkimm’s native advertising campaigns, working primarily in Excel and third party data tools
- Perform ad-hoc performance analysis as needed
- Develop a strong understanding of theSkimm’s value to brands in order to convey that value to existing and prospective clients, serving as a brand steward to all clients and outside contacts
- Identify, collect, and transform data from disparate sources using SQL, Excel and BI Tools
- Build and maintain both internal and client-specific reporting templates based on media plans, and meet weekly client-dictated reporting deadlines
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of sales analytics or content reporting and analysis experience in a social and digital media landscape
- Expert in Excel and fluency with Powerpoint/Keynote
- Highly analytical self starter with the ability to handle stressful situations and think creatively
- Strong attention to detail while still working under tight deadlines on a fast paced team
- Comfortable working with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including executives and leadership teams
- Strong organization and time management abilities. Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience with SQL, proficiency with business intelligence tools (e.g, Looker, Tableau)
- Strong communication skills
- High EQ
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.