ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking for a detail oriented Project Manager to coordinate the launch of digital products, sales, editorial and partnership initiatives. This person will work with key stakeholders from all lines of business to communicate project status and immediately roll up their sleeves to remove any barriers to progress.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Partner with primary stakeholders to carry out the expected business goals and vision, while working closely with the project team, which is comprised Product Managers, Designers, Developers, Data Analysts and QA
- Effectively lead and own a project so that all stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities, and clearly communicate their deliverables
- Set deadlines and milestones, and stick to them and also hold others accountable as a project leader
- Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, and potential risks
- Manage sponsorship projects from ideation phase through execution and launch
- Update Product Roadmap as priorities and timelines shift
- Support projects from the various business verticals, including Ad Sales, Editorial, Marketing, and Business Development
- Work with external licensees and vendors on digital product initiatives
- Help to find solutions for competing priorities while managing stakeholder preferences
- Use your product knowledge to help balance development of requirements against known technical capabilities and limitations
- Instrument project processes by creating, managing, and updating documentation
- Run Sprint Planning and Grooming sessions as well as daily Engineering stand ups
- Maintain multiple JIRA project boards
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years experience in a consumer-facing technical project management role
- Knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Experience working with project management software such as, MS Project, JIRA
- Dynamic problem-solving skills and the ability to work with cross-functional internal teams
- An ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Must be comfortable communicating with executives and vendors
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.