ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Sales & Partnerships team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, and scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether that’s working with agencies and clients directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth and efficiency of our pre and post-sales operations.
As we grow, we're seeking an enthusiastic Brand Strategist who is eager to contribute to our growing media business by working cross-functionally on pre-sale strategy and RFP response. The Brand Strategy team at theSkimm is a group of experienced, creative and resourceful hustlers who are relentless in their pursuit to grow the number of amazing brands and clients we partner with.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead the development, ideation and strategic thinking of best-in-class marketing solutions for theSkimm’s strategic advertising partners
- Collaborate with brand strategy and cross-functional counterparts to brainstorm concepts for a variety of brands in response to proactive and RFP based client requests
- Lead the creation, organization, and dissemination of ad hoc sales marketing materials that could include packages, product one-sheets, insights materials and case studies
- Act as the liaison between the creative, sales, insights, product, and editorial teams to gather information and data needed for pre-sale
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3-4 years in an ad sales marketing role, with a focus on building cross-platform digital marketing programs
- Experience responding to RFPs & working with Sales, Insights, Creative and Design teams
- Experience with Keynote and Powerpoint; Design-minded with the ability to create succinct, effective presentations.
- Strategic, enthusiastic, creative thinker with the ability to work under pressure to meet both internal and external deadlines.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with different stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables
- Highly motivated self-starter that is extremely detail oriented
- Keen understanding of the nuances of branded content
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.