ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking to hire a Finance and Strategy Analyst to help scale the Finance function and support the needs of a growing company. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Finance, you’ll work closely with theSkimm’s Accounting team and various department heads across the company. You will own key elements of the Finance function and work on initiatives that will help continue to drive our business forward.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Own the company’s financial model
- Prepare monthly reporting and materials for key executives
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting process and provide regular updates
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors and quarterly reporting for theSkimm’s investors
- Partner with our Accounting team to produce monthly budget vs actual reporting and analysis for department heads
- Lead ad-hoc analyses by working with our cross-functional Paid Acquisitions, Data Science and Sales teams to drive strategic decisions across the company
- Team up with Accounting to define and implement best practices for financial management and reporting across the company
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BS/BA in finance, business, accounting or relevant field
- 2-5 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting or private equity
- Strong grasp of financial fundamentals and a mastery of Excel and Powerpoint
- Self-starter with an eagerness to learn new skills (QuickBooks, Looker) that will allow you to engage with adjacent business functions (customer acquisition, Sales operations, Data Science, People / Recruiting and Strategic Partnerships)
- Track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment; Start-up experience in a rapidly growing financial organization is a plus
- Solutions-oriented team player with ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.