As a Tanium Software Engineer focused on Cloud technologies, you will build and maintain best-of-breed products and infrastructure as part of a nimble development team. Tanium focuses on a customer engagement model and feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning. When new product ideas are identified, our software engineers design, develop, test, and deploy the products and supporting services from the ground up, while iterating with product management and customers for feedback and input.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain Tanium's cloud products and services as part of an agile development team
- Implement intuitive front ends for customer-facing and internal applications
- Build backend microservices with well defined API’s
- Work with persistent data stores, caches, messages buses, and other server side technology
- Create automated unit tests, API tests, integration tests and ensure quality delivery
- Author technical documents and artifacts for developed software
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CS Degree or related technical field preferred
- 2+ years industry experience
- Experience building high-impact, high-performance, secure, scalable, observable, supportable, and maintainable backend services and APIs
- Experience with React or similar front-end technologies
- Experience with HTTP API design and development including REST and/or GraphQL
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with modern software engineering development and automation tools like git and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with containers and microservices a plus
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi) a plus
- Experience with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Nomad, Mesos) a plus
- Demonstrates sound judgment for balancing between rapid development, long-term code maintainability and supportability
- Believes in the power of and the need for writing automated tests as part of development
- Comfortable debugging yours and others’ code in production environments
- Has knowledge of a variety of modern backend software frameworks and the versatility to learn new tools and languages\
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.