The Marketing Automation Manager will oversee strategic development and day-to-day execution of marketing automation activities. This position will be a key contributor on the marketing operations team and will work closely with our campaigns and program activation teams to conceptualize and configure marketing programs within Marketo. Other responsibilities include overseeing our marketing automation request intake process and standardizing repeatable tasks with supporting offshore Marketo specialists.
What you’ll do:
- Think strategically with an iterative improvement mindset while maintaining agility to handle ongoing custom Marketo requests
- Manage our offshore Marketo specialists and professional services consultant.
- Responsible for daily program creation and implementation, program builds, user enablement and operational efficiency
- Ensure standards are applied to marketing automation processes with a focus on quality output
- Implement best in class marketing intelligence best practices; segment and leverage the marketing database for greater campaign efficiency, contact outreach, engagement and effectiveness within target accounts
- Manage and execute effective lead nurturing programs using Marketo and industry best practices.
- Assist in managing lead lifecycle by optimizing lead scoring and qualification.
- Provide guidance and recommendation on Marketo integrations
- Support data ingestion and outputs for all programs/campaigns
- Assist with program conceptualization, program execution, and success measurement.
- Translate marketing use cases into process solutions and relate to business processes, people and technology
- Establish, maintain and optimize scalable marketing automation processes that use best practices for campaign management
- Play an integral role in supporting the globalization of campaigns
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience required
- 5+ years of marketing automation experience with at least 2 years of Marketo experience
- Marketo Certified Expert and Marketo Certified Solutions Architect highly preferred
- Agency or consultancy experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, global environment with great attention to detail
- Strong marketing automation experience
- Salesforce knowledge of objects, data mapping, workflows, Apex class and triggers
- Experience with campaign attribution and developing UTM parameters
- Understanding of SiriusDecisions’s Demand Waterfall and funnel metrics
- Apply critical thinking (a data and process decision approach)
- Recognize, reinforce and respect the reporting hierarchy and team culture
- Thrive in an ambiguous, high pressure and/or fluid business environment
- Experience with methodically translating problems into solutions
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - Be Data Driven!
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.