As Director of Product Management, New Product Initiatives, you will be responsible for the definition, development, and business success of greenfield products for Tanium.
In this role, you will ensure the successful delivery of selected new products through launch. To that end, you will work within the Global Technology Office and interface with engineering, product, sales and marketing, technical account managers, and customers to identify greenfield opportunities, investigate technical solutions, and drive development of new products while ensuring alignment with our overall product vision and go-to-market strategies.
This role reports into Tanium’s Global Technology Office – our technical pathfinding and innovation unit.
What you’ll do:
- Identify unique greenfield opportunities for Tanium and take ownership of the strategy, development, and growth of those opportunities
- Work with technical experts across the Global Technology Office and Engineering to find and productize unique technical approaches to solving customer challenges
- Create workflows and assist design and development teams on desired user experience outcomes
- Define user roles and user stories for new features and functionality within the product(s)
- Collaborate with sales leadership to establish the go-to market strategy for your products, target prospective customers, and exploit competitive differentiators for your products
- Support product marketing initiatives, partner relationships, and other opportunities to accelerate the adoption of your products and to build Tanium’s brand
- Define strategic direction for your products and work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to achieve buy-in for your vision and their role in executing on it
- Collaborate with members of the product management team to identify new products that align with Tanium’s technology, strategic direction, and business imperatives
We’re looking for someone with:
- BS Required
- MS Preferred
- 5+ years of product management experience in Enterprise Software
- Technology background, preferably with IT, security, and/or risk products
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in delivering high-quality technology products and services in a high-growth environment
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team
- Experience driving a technical and global product team with end-to-end inbound and outbound product responsibilities
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Align with the Tanium values: we win as a team, we do the right thing, and we are unstoppable
- Intuition to identify greenfield (or neglected) markets that align with Tanium’s platform and present opportunities for rapid growth
- Willingness to take on firmly entrenched competitors with creative approaches to technology, and tenacious pursuit to build and grow a product’s customer base
- Strong written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Adept at understanding and navigating organizations in order to inspire and influence internal and external customers
- Grit; ability to deal with and overcome challenges and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Do-what-it-takes approach; willingness to get your hands dirty
- Entrepreneurial spirit who is never satisfied w/ 2nd place
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.