The Tanium Global Partner Marketing Center of Excellence (GPM COE) team is responsible for creating, executing and optimizing a portfolio of integrated marketing programs, campaigns and digital experiences to grow our global partner Ecosystem. The COE team collaborates with a cross-functional team of Partner Marketing Managers, Partner Sales teams, and Strategic Integrated Marketing Managers across our market units (EMEA, AMER, LATAM, APAC).
Newly formed, the COE team is looking for an experienced marketing professional who can help us develop, package go-to-market sales plays and drive engagement with Partners. From onboarding to ongoing engagement, this leader will help create, version and land a variety of sales and marketing playbooks that makes it easy to engage with Tanium to take our joint value proposition to market. Our mission is to engage and activate our global partners at scale throughout the Partner Lifecycle (recruit, onboard, enable, activate, retain). Success for the team is measured by driving Partner created or influenced opportunities across a variety of partner engagement models (Pipeline / Revenue). Success metrics for this role include program engagement and corresponding sales opportunities created, Partner NPS and program adoption across markets..
This individual will proactively lead, orchestrate and land our “Thru Partner” and “With Partner” program development. Tanium’s Ecosystem is diverse and in varying stages of maturity around the globe. This leader will develop a scalable framework to ensure both consistency in our packaging and launch approach, program Bill of Materials (BOM), and measurement framework. Individuals in this role must be able to lead initiatives or represent Partner Marketing in cross-functional work streams supporting a variety of partner types and sales motions.
One Team. One Fight. At Tanium, teamwork is more than a catchphrase. It's a core pillar of Tanium’s values and culture. Orchestrating a best-in-class partner engagement and activation strategy for a fast-paced organization requires teamwork and proactive collaboration. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Partner COE Marketing, he/she will work closely with Partner Marketers, Product Marketing, Partner Sales leadership, Partner Enablement, and global members of Tanium’s Demand Strategy Organization (DSO).
What you’ll do:
- Strategy: In partnership with leaders across the organization, this role will develop a strategic plan that aligns with our FY21 strategy.
- Execution: Develop and tune the operating model to support the creation, syndication and engagement with our With- and Thru-Partner sales plays, corresponding sales and marketing assets, and the lifecycle management strategy for those playbooks.
- Partner Onboarding and Time to Value: In collaboration with Partner Sales, Partner Enablement and an array of global stakeholders, you’ll help drive and accelerate the best practices for how Tanium onboards partners and when/how to curate the relevant sales playbook for maximum impact and fastest time to value.
- Sales Playbook / Marketing Playbook Creation: Serve as the program lead for creating, versioning, localization and syndication of discrete playbooks for our partner sellers and marketers.
- Competitive Enablement and Battlecards: Partner with our Competitive Intelligence and Product Marketing teams to curate relevant competitive briefing and enablement content.
- Partner Feedback and Listening: Getting feedback from partners is key to optimizing the content for maximum impact. Partner with global stakeholders to get continuous feedback from partners on how to improve playbooks for maximum utilization.
- Evangelist and Internal Communications: Ensuring that both Internal and External audiences understand the value proposition and power of our Partner Ecosystem is critical to our long-term success. In addition to packaging these sales plays for our external partners, this leader will partner with Sales Enablement to ensure Tanium sellers are aware and proficient with the relevant programs in their territory.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in B2B marketing, ideally in the SaaS, Cloud or IT sector.
- 2+ years hands-on experience in partner marketing, Sales Enablement or Product marketing role. Experience working for a company that sells thru or with partners is strongly preferred.
- Power user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Copywriter and Communicator: Strong copy writing / copy editing skills, guiding tool creative layout, and web/portal page content. Skilled at translating technical and business concepts into clear, concise partner- and customer-facing assets. Experienced working both with agencies or internal designers.
- Growth Mindset: Is passionate about Tanium’s industry and the challenges our customers are trying to solve with our technology. Gathers and analyzes information or data on current and future trends or best practices. Asks questions to understand the “why” behind the message.
- Process Minded: Identifies, documents, and monitors key business processes necessary to achieve the desired outcomes. Maps and documents processes. Develops lifecycle frameworks to streamline process improvement and implementation.
- Execution Bias: Voluntarily takes the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities
- 10-20% Travel (post-COVID) and reasonable schedule flexibility to interact with global marketers is expected.
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.