At Tanium, we’re building next generation enterprise software products in the security and systems management spaces. Our Tanium Endpoint Platform allows us to scale to the largest of enterprises while still maintaining true, real-time visibility and control over endpoints.
We're looking for a talented Senior Design Researcher to join our growing team to help support the strategic design and development of products at Tanium. As a Design Researcher, you will partner closely with user experience designers, product management, and software engineers drive data-driven insights that lead to better decisions and designs. You will have the opportunity to drive research strategy and employ a wide range of methods, including but not limited to usability testing, contextual inquiry & ethnography, surveys, and online prototype testing.
What you’ll do:
You'll share the responsibility for ensuring a successful user experience for the product and will be expected to:
- Deeply collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver research insights and influence product design
- Recruit participants and facilitate research activities in a structured manner to reduce bias, protect participant privacy, normalize data, and observe behaviors, attitudes, and approaches
- Process the data into useful formats: filtering for relevant data and coding or categorizing data to support analysis
- Make sense of the data: synthesize, prioritize, evaluate, and make connections between all collected data points. You'll map data in meaningful ways.
- Distill data into insights: find patterns and trends in the data, produce insights that involve the problem-solving process, understand why people do the things they do, and determine how their experiences can be improved
- Test insights against existing knowledge to see what makes sense. Some questions to test may be "How do the generated insights map against internal assumptions and industry patterns?" and "Are they suitable for the people/customers they serve?"
- Translate insights into actionable formats: the data must be easily accessible to all stakeholders who need it, and immediately useful to the design process.
- Communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of the UX and product team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A minimum of BA/BS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, OR significant industry experience
- You have experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods and a genuine passion for data
- Proven experience designing and facilitating a range of research methods applicable to all product stages from conception to release
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the implications of research finding in clear and compelling ways; translate research findings into actionable recommendations; ability to translate data into insights
- Track record of collaborating across disciplines to drive change into products; must be able to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team
- Proven ability to work within tight timelines and with excellent project management skills
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces."
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.